Petdentity offers Microchips for pets with System and Mobile app. Our vision is to declare Philippines Rabies Free by 2020, and our mission is on Focusing to deliver an advance improvement in eradicating rabies in the Philippines and to uphold the Rabies-free Philippines 2020 by developing and implementing a dedicated Pet Data Storage System which stores not only the Owner and Pet’s identification but also tracks a continuous record of pet vaccination and medical history. The data gathered in the System will then be submitted for PhilAHIS’ records and information. The sustainable and easy access System is free for all Filipinos.
Microchips can be implanted as part of a regular veterinary exam. Using a needle your vet will inject the microchip just under the skin of your pet. Microchips are normally implanted in between the shoulder blades of the animal, but your veterinarian will choose the most appropriate location for your pet’s microchip. Microchip implants are also known as ID chips or injectable ID chips.
Puppies and kittens can be safely micro chipped after 8 weeks of age, it is really the size of the pet that determines the safe placement of a microchip.
Microchips are normally used for cats and dogs, but other animals (such as Birds, Chicken Etc.) can also be implanted with microchips.
It won’t hurt and just similar to a routine vaccination – The procedure is performed by a licensed veterinarian and is simple and similar to administering a vaccine or a routine shot. Although the microchip needle is larger than a typical vaccine needle, animals do not over react to it. Anesthesia is not required or recommended.
You should have a Veterinary professional perform the procedure. Veterinarians, and Veterinarian Technicians, are trained and familiar with microchip delivery systems and are most qualified to perform the procedure.
All pets should wear collar tags imprinted with their name and the phone number of their pet parent, but only a microchip provides permanent ID that cannot fall off, be removed, or become impossible to read. Many Cities/Municipalities started to adopt microchip over collar tags.
A microchip will normally last the lifetime of your pet because it is composed of biocompatible materials that will not degenerate over time.
When an animal is found and taken to a shelter, LGU, City Vet, Municipal Pound or veterinary clinic, one of the first things they do is scan the animal for a microchip. If they find a microchip, and if the microchip registry has accurate information, they can quickly find the animal’s owner. Petdentity is committed to provide a portable microchip reader to all City Vet, Municipal Pound.
Any dog/cat breed are welcome to be chipped, our only requirement is Anti-rabies vaccine record, as we are working with Bureau of Animal’s Industry (BAI) and DOH for their Advocacy “Rabies Free Philippines 2020”.
Microchipping is a rather straightforward process. Some canines experience bleeding at the location of injection. This bleeding typically ceases swiftly with a little pressure. Since implantation chips are specifically made to not bring upon inflammatory responses, But the vast majority of pets experience minimal or zero side effects from the implantation process.
Petdentiy Microchip is affordable because it supports the vision of BAI to declare Rabies Free Philippines 2020 and Petdentity’s Advocacy “To Protect Pets”. It is designed to be made affordable for every Filipino Pet Lover (any breed). That’s why Petdentity is “Microchip ng Masa”. Moreover, we provide access to Pet Data Base System to BAI, LGUs, Private Vets and Pet Owners. With FREE Mobile Application that you can access anytime, anywhere.
- LEGALBOND between the Pet and the Owner.
- No external visible tag. Unlike traditional collar tags, pet microchips do not wear down, fall off, or scratch into illegibility.
- It cannot be damaged, stolen, changed, modified or altered in anyway.
- Not painful to the animal.
- Visible only to an RFID reader.
- Unique number for every tag and every pet. Therefore, no duplication, error or confusion
- Easy to maintain electronic records.
- Security and Protection.
- Microchips are designed to last the life of your pet.
- Globally compatible scanners read the unique identification code on the microchip. This code is used to retrieve the contact information that the pet’s parent has provided to the pet recovery database.
- If your pet ends up in a pet shelter they can get him or her back to you quickly.
- In case of a natural disaster your pet will be returned to you.
- Microchips last for your pet’s lifetime, so all you have to do is keep your records up to date.
- Your Pet “Do Not” need to be a PCCI Member to avail Petdentity Microchip.
- If your pet has PCCI Microchip, your pet still can be registered to Petdentity with a minimal cost of 100.00 Pesos
- Pet will be registered to the Pet Data Base in the Philippines.
- Enjoy the use of Mobile Application, display of your Pets Information Included Medical Records.